Cleaning, laundry, chores and kids activities… Did you ever have such a busy Saturday that you were ready to eat anything for dinner?
Even popcorn?? 🙂 I hear you, I’ve been there and I’ve done just that.
In real life, it’s not that easy to always make fresh meals. So today’s recipe is fast, as long as your chicken thighs are defrosted. In only 20 minutes you can easily have this fresh meal served for the entire family.
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs cut into small pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1-inch fresh ginger cut into small pieces
- 2 carrots chopped into long thin pieces
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- Start with sauteing the chicken on high heat for about 6 to 7 minutes, then lower the heat to medium. You want the chicken to get a golden brown color and then move it to a plate.
- Use the same pan for sauteing the garlic, ginger, and carrots on a medium heat. Once you start smelling the garlic and ginger, add the coconut milk, water, and the chicken. Once the sauce has thickened place the cilantro on top and mix it well with the sauce.
- Meanwhile, place the rice noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Add hot water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Once the noodles are soft and tender, just remove the water and they are done
- Place the noodles in a bowl and add the chicken and coconut cream with carrots on top. I usually add extra cilantro for an extra kick of flavor.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂