The number of people following the paleo diet is remarkable. While a little bit skeptical at first, I’ve come to make more and more paleo food and I love it.
However, sometimes I miss having bread. So I was positively surprised to learn that whole wheat naan bread actually is considered paleo.
It is such a soft bread and using it in this particular recipe just works perfectly. It is similar to pita bread but simply more tender.
This recipe serves 3 people.
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
For the relish:
- Two carrots
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp red onions chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- In a food processor, combine the scallions, yellow onions, allspice, Cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt and grape seed oil and then mix well.
- Cut the meat into cubes and pour it in a big bowl with the marination. Mix well until it coats evenly. Then put it in the fridge for few hours, so the juice soaks in the meat well with the rich flavor.
- While the meat is resting in the fridge, you can start with the relish by grating your carrots and mixing it with the red onions, cilantro, maple syrup, lime juice and some salt.
- Thread the pork cubes onto the skewers.
- Grill the pork skewers for about 3 minutes on each side. Cut some to make sure your meat is cooked through.
- Heat the naan bread and serve the pork, relish together with some creme fresh.
- Serve and enjoy.