Lamb Chops are such a wonderful weekend treat. Not only are they tender and soft, their taste also have a distinct character. The peas add extra flavor in this recipe. I’m expecting you, just like I did, will find them particularly interesting when paired with feta cheese, red wine vinegar and parsley!
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 lamb chops about 7 oz per person
- 3 cups sweet peas
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- In a large sauce pan mix lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and olive oil
- Add the lamb chops and marinate overnight if you can or at least 30 minutes prior to cooking
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a rapid boil. Add the peas and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Have a bowl with cold water ready. Put the peas straight in the cold water after you the peas are boiled (to stop them from cooking further).
- Combine the peas with the remaining olive oil, the feta cheese and parsley
- Heat the pan and add 1 tbsp butter, add the lamb chops and cook on each side for about 3 minutes. High heat recommended at the beginning and then lower to medium heat. Make sure they’re cooked per USDA’s recommended temperatures.
- Serve the peas, put the lamb chops on top, add some parsley for garnish and finish off with an amazing balsamic glaze.
- Serve and enjoy!