Why overnight oats? Well, breakfast is one the most important meals. I know it, you know it. But how do you design it, filled with the right energy and nutrients? How do you avoid the morning stress preparing breakfast? How do you ensure you won’t later have a blood sugar crash?
Here’s a recipe that will help you along the way. You prepare it ahead, the night before and it literally takes 5 minutes to make. And once this evening preparation is done, you will have a healthy breakfast ready in the morning and more time to do something other than just getting breakfast ready 🙂
Recipe for Overnight Oats
Serves one person
- 1/2 Cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp Hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 Tsp Raw cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp Lucuma sweetener
- 1/2 Cup Almond milk
- 6 Raw cashews
- 1 Tsp Coconut shred
- 1/4 Cup Raspberries
- Drizzle of dark chocolate
- Mix the rolled oats, hemp seeds, chia seeds, raw cocoa powder, Lucuma sweetener together and add almond milk.
- Put the cashews in a layers on top and make another layer with coconut shred.
- Put the jar in the fridge overnight and serve in the morning.
- For extra good taste, before you serve add frozen raspberries and drizzle some dark chocolate on top
- Serve and enjoy! 🙂
I usually do two overnight oats at a time so I have amazingly healthy breakfasts for the next two days.