This salad has some amazing flavors. As I mentioned in one earlier recipe this week, barley has some amazing health benefits (see here for more). In this salad I added tarragon. Although it’s admittedly a small part of the recipe it has an impressive amount of nutrients.
Besides its great taste, Tarragon is filled with minerals such as magnesium, iron, zinc, and calcium. This herb is also rich in Vitamin A and C as well as B-6. On top of that it contains antioxidants which will help to neutralize some of those free radicals in your body.
This recipe feeds two people if you are a light to medium eater.
- 1 cup cooked barely
- 8 thin slices Seasoned roast beef ” garlic and some herbs” You can buy it ready made if you don’t have time to cook the roast”
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 pink lady apple
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup life lettuce
- few ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 sprig of fresh tarragon
- 5 chopped walnuts
- Boil the barley per the instructions on the package and let it cool before you use it in the salad.
- For the dressing, mix the yogurt, horseradish, chopped apple, olive oil and water. Stir it and set aside
- Shred the beet and put it aside
- In a big jar add the barley first, then the beets, then the dressing, then the spinach, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, roast beef, tarragon and last the chopped walnuts.
- You can make this salad the night before or even keep it in the fridge for up to 3 nights.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂