Imagine having twins. As they arrive to your house, all the focus suddenly shifts towards feeding the two babies and keeping them healthy and clean. On top of that you are hungry all the time, simply because you’re nursing. The least you can think of in the midst of this busyness is to make a healthy meal plan or to run to the grocery store to buy healthy food for the week.
Have you ever been in a busy season like that? A time when healthy cooking simply seems impossible? If you are a working mom or a staying at home mom with babies, or a single person with a career, I’m sure you can relate. And by the way I used to be that busy twin mom, just like I’ve been in the other roles.
Well, imagine instead that you have someone who does the meal plan for you, someone who shops and someone who even prepares it all. All you need to do is to follow some simple instructions and mix it all together and put it on the stove or in the oven.
Ok, it’s time to wake up, because this isn’t a dream anymore. Today’s video is based on exactly that idea. The company Sun Basket offers meal prep that comes straight to YOUR door every week. You can choose a few meals per week or as many as you need. I honestly love the convenience of it!
Only problem I see is that this service makes it harder and harder to explain why you’re not living a healthy lifestyle… 😀
Sun Basket affiliate link, click it now and check out their 3 free meal special offer. http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?B=854604&U=1444439&M=58818&urllink=
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Steak seasoning blend (ancho chili powder – granulated garlic – cumin – dried oregano)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 scallions
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- ¼ pound Persian cucumber
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 6 Sonoma-style tortillas (wheat flour – corn masa)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 660, Protein: 39 g, Total Fat: 30 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 95 mg, Carbohydrates: 60 g, Fiber: 8 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 470 mg
- Cook the steak
- In a medium bowl mix the seasoning with the steak. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes
- In a medium frying pan on a medium heat put the coconut oil and saute the stake until its cooked on your favorite way.
- While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the bell peppers and scallions.
- Prep the veggies: cut the red bell pepper, scallions and jalapeños as showed in the video above Saute the veggies in the same pan you sauted the steak, on a medium high heat for about 5 to 6 minutes until they are soft and tender add a pinch of salt. Stir occasionally.
- Prep the salsa
- Chop the cucumbers, radishes and cilantro
- Add half of the lime juice and mix with a drizzle of salt
- Warm the tortillas on a clean pan for about a minute on a medium heat.
- Serve the tortillas on individual plates, add steak, veggies mix, salsa and yogurt at the end.
Serve and enjoy 😃