For a variety of health reasons, many people are going vegan. When they do, I get constant reports on how hard it is to find easy and healthy vegan recipes. Here is one that I made especially for people who are taking that step. The curry is loaded with intense aromatic flavors, rich and creamy.
This recipe serves 2 people
- 2 tbs grape seeds oil
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 medium Yukon potatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 big tomato
- 2 garlic cloves chopped well
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp curry
- 1 tsp chile pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup Jasmin rice
- 2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Heat the grapeseed oil over medium heat
- Chop the potatoes into cubes and saute them first.
- Add the Garbanzo beans, carrots and saute for 3 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, chile pepper, curry powder, ginger powder, and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes on low heat.
- Chop some cilantro and add it on top of the curry when you serve it with rice.
- Cook the rice separately, for one cup of jasmine rice use two cups of water.
- Serve and enjoy.